Here’s the reality, there will always be the day after:
And everything in-between “life happens” days! You and I are going to have times when our intentions are pure, yet we temporally lose our sanity and end up eating and drinking till our butts and guts burst. Yep, it happens.
What to do when we go overboard?
- Drink extra water, add fresh lemon for a mild detox
- Get up and move your body, this will make you feel better asap
- Add in that green tea, our body loves those polyphenols and it is an anti-inflammatory
- Get rid of sugars and simple carbs-think bloat and inflammation
- Eat lean sources of protein which provide immediate metabolism booster
- Sleep more, we might need to get a bit more shut-eye to lower that cortisol
Add extra leafy greens, legumes for fiber, antioxidants, and PH balance.
If we are going to eat something that is normally off the charts, make it something we really want, then truly enjoy it and move on.